Masterclass and workshop on
Group actions and homotopy theory
Aug 12-16 and Aug 19-23, 2013.
Venue and dates: Centre for Symmetry and Deformation, KU. The activity consists of a Masterclass/PhD-course Aug 12-16 and a workshop Aug 19-23.
Organizers: Alejandro Adem (UBC), Jesper Grodal (UCPH) and Markus Szymik (UCPH).
- Alejandro Adem (University of British Columbia)
- David Barnes (Queen's University Belfast)
- Alexander Berglund (Stockholm University)
- Andrew Blumberg (University of Texas, Austin)
- Anna Marie Bohmann (Northwestern University)
- Carles Broto (Universitat Autonoma Barcelona)
- Bill Browder (Princeton University)
- Bob Bruner (Wayne State University)
- Ian Hambleton (McMaster University)
- Mike Hill (University of Virginia)
- Dmitry Kaledin (Steklov Institute Moscow)
- Mike Mandell (Indiana University)
- Bob Oliver (Université Paris 13)
- Stefan Schwede (Universität Bonn)
- Neil Strickland (Sheffield University)
- Joana Ventura (IST, Lisbon)
- Ergun Yalcin (Bilkent University)
A more complete participant list will be available here at a later time. For a list of known long-term center visitors, please consult the guests database.
Masterclass/PhD-course (Aug 12-16)
The masterclass will consist of lectures on topics related to equivariant stable homotopy theory:
Stefan Schwede: Global Stable Homotopy Theory
Mike Hill: Computations in Equivariant Stable Homotopy
These lectures will be supplemented by informal discussions and exercise sessions.
TENTATIVE schedule for the masterclass:
|11:15-12:00||Schwede 1||Schwede 2||Schwede 3||Schwede 4||Schwede 5|
|14:45-15:30||Hill 1||Hill 2||Hill 3||Hill 4||Hill 5|
Financial support will be handed out during registration no later than 09:30.
All talks will take place in Auditorium 10. Informal discussions and exercise sessions in 04.4.01. Lunch in the Biocenter. Registration, coffee and cake, and dinner in 4th floor common room.
Please see also our calendar for announcements of individual talks.
- S. Schwede. Global stable homotopy theory. (link)
- Scanned notes (handwritten and unedited) taken at lectures will be linked here.
Workshop (Aug 19-23)
The main focus of this workshop will be to understand the interplay between group actions and homotopy theory. Earlier workshops in this series were held in Aug 2007 and Aug 2011. There will be around two talks per day, supplemented by informal discussions.
TENTATIVE schedule for the workshop:
All talks will take place in Auditorium 6. Lunch at August Krogh. Coffee and cake in 4th floor common room.
Misc links and other documents:
- Link to 2007 workshop.
- Notes from Adem's 2007 masterclass on group cohomology
- Notes from problem session at 2005 NSF FRG meeting in Banff
- Notes from 2007 problem session
- Older list of problems (compile by Benson, around Seattle 96?)
- 2011 lecture notes of Grodal lectures
- 2011 Lecture notes related to Hambleton lectures (in particular Section 1-7+11).
Registration is now closed.