The mathematical legacy of
June 24-26, 2016
Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
This symposium is devoted to honoring the mathematical legacy of Uffe Haagerup (1949-2015). The topics of the symposium comprise all areas of mathematics that interested Uffe, and to which he made lasting contributions.
Uffe spent most of his career at the University of Southern Denmark, Odense, interrupted by a 5 year professorship at the University of Copenhagen (2010-2014), while holding an advanced ERC grant.
The symposium is organized jointly by these two departments. The symposium starts the morning of Friday, June 24, and ends at lunch time of Sunday, June 26.
- Dietmar Bisch (Vanderbilt University)
- Joachim Cuntz (Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster)
- Ken Dykema (Texas A&M University)
- Ed Effros (UCLA)
- Vaughan Jones (Vanderbilt University)
- Richard V. Kadison (University of Pennsylvania)
- Narutaka Ozawa (RIMS, Kyoto University)
- Gilles Pisier (Texas A&M University)
- Sorin Popa (UCLA)
- Dimitri Shlyakhtenko (UCLA)
- Roland Speicher (Universität des Saarlandes)
- Andreas Thom (Technische Universität Dresden)
- Stefaan Vaes (KU Leuven)
- Alain Valette (Université de Neuchâtel)
- Anatoly Vershik (St. Petersburg branch of Stekloff Mathematical Institute)
- Dan Voiculescu (UC Berkeley)
Titles, abstracts and program:
Click HERE for the program, and click HERE for titles and abstracts. All lectures will be given in Auditorium 1.
Slides of the lectures:
- Vaughan Jones slides
- Dick Kadison slides
- Taka Ozawa slides
- Gilles Pisier slides
- Roland Speicher slides
- Stefaan Vaes slides
- Alain Valette slides
- Anatoly Vershik slides
- Dan Voiculescu slides
The lectures will be held at the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen.
The symposium is sponsored by the Villum Foundation, the Centre for Symmetry and Deformation, and the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen.
In case you arrive by car to the university. There is parking space on campus (either enter by Universitetsparken or by Ole Maaløes Vej, the latter may have more parking space). You can pick up a parking permit at the registration desk, which is open Friday 9:00-9:30, and you can park without permit in 15 minutes (enough time to pick up the permit). Mark clearly when parking started. The parking guards will issue fines for any violation of the parking rules!
Deadline for registration has passed.
Organizers: Magdalena Musat, Mikael Rørdam, Wojciech Szymanski.