Young Topologists Meeting 2012
The 2012 Young Topologists Meeting took place at the University of Copenhagen July 2–6, 2012. The meeting was intended as an opportunity for graduate students, recent PhDs, and other junior researchers in topology to meet each other and share their work. In addition to short talks by the participants, the program for the meeting included lectures by Søren Galatius (Stanford) and Michael Hopkins (Harvard).
Notes for Søren Galatius's and Michael Hopkins's lectures will appear here.
Hopkins: Equivariant stable homotopy theory
Galatius: Homology of moduli spaces of manifolds
On Wednesday afternoon, we will go on a sightseeing tour on a boat, after which we will divide into smaller groups for various other activities. These include:
- The Tivoli amusement park (people in charge: Tim De Laat and Hannes Thiel)
- The Louisiana Museum of Modern Art (Ilya Grigoriev and Anssi Lahtinen)
- Statens Museum for Kunst, the National Gallery of Denmark (Mauricio Gomez Lopez)
- The David Collection museum (Toke Nørgård-Sørensen)
- GL Strand Museum (Daniela Egas)
- A trip to the freetown of Christiania (Kristian Moi)
- Hanging out in the Kongens Have park (Emanuele Dotto)
- Hanging out on the Amager Strand beach (only if the weather is nice) (Angela Klamt)
To sign up for one of these activities, please write your name on the appropriate sign-up sheet in the auditorium where the talks take place.
The conference dinner will be on Thursday. Please use this form to let us know if you will participate in the dinner. The deadline for filling out the form is June 13.
Public viewing of the football final on July 1st
We will meet and watch the European Championship football final together at a public viewing.
When: July 1st at 19:00
Where: At Nørreport Station, at the beginning of the pedestrian street at the entrance of Danske Bank (marked in the conference map).
From there we will go to Kongens Have to watch the game. It is not allowed to bring food or drinks into the public viewing area.
For questions about the meeting, please write to the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.