Young Topologists Meeting
The Young Topologists Meeting is an annual event that has previously been organised by the EPFL, Switzerland; the University of Copenhagen; and jointly by Stockholm University and the Royal Institute of Technology. The meetings are intended as an opportunity for graduate students, recent PhDs, and other junior researchers in topology to meet each other and share their work. In addition to short talks by the participants, the programs include lectures by distinguished speakers starting from 2010.
The list below contains the location as well as the main speakers for every year the YTM took place.
- 2022 (Copenhagen): Andrew J. Blumberg (Columbia University), Natàlia Castellana Vila (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona), and Robert Ghrist (University of Pennsylvania)
- 2021 (Stockholm): Kathryn Hess (EPFL), Thomas Nikolaus (WWU Münster) and Karen Vogtmann (Cornell University and University of Warwick)
- 2019 (EPFL): Julie Bergner (University of Virginia) and Vidit Nanda (University of Oxford)
- 2018 (Copenhagen): Mike Hill (UCLA) and Kathryn Mann (Brown University)
- 2017 (Stockholm): Benson Farb (University of Chicago) and Brooke Shipley (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- 2016 (Copenhagen): Akhil Mathew (Harvard University), Oscar Randal-Williams (University of Cambridge) and Nathalie Wahl (University of Copenhagen)
- 2015 (EPFL): Gunnar Carlsson (Stanford University) and Emily Riehl (Harvard University)
- 2014 (Copenhagen): Lars Hesselholt (University of Copenhagen/Nagoya University) and Jacob Lurie (Harvard University)
- 2013 (EPFL): Benoit Fresse (Université Lille 1) and Mike Mandell (Indiana University)
- 2012 (Copenhagen): Søren Galatius (Stanford University) and Michael Hopkins (Harvard University)
- 2011 (EPFL): Birgit Richter (University of Hamburg)
- 2010 (Copenhagen): Bill Dwyer (University of Notre Dame), Jesper Grodal (University of Copenhagen) and Ib Madsen (University of Copenhagen)
- 2009 (EPFL)
- 2008 (EPFL)
- 2007 (EPFL)
Some similar events for young mathematicians in Copenhagen include:
- The Young Geometers Meeting: Workshop in 2021 focused on differential geometry and geometric analysis.
- Young Mathematicians in C*-Algebras and Young Women in C*-Algebras: Series of conferences in the same format as the YTM, aimed at young mathematicians in operator algebras
- Homotopical Group Theory and Topological Algebraic Geometry Workshop: Workshop in 2008 aimed at young topologists with mini-courses by Bill Dwyer (Notre Dame) and Paul Goerss (Northwestern)