Young Women in C*-Algebras 2017
The University of Copenhagen
August 5-6, 2017
A mini-workshop where all women participating in the YMC*A are invited to speak, independently of their research topic (von Neuman algebras, C*-algebras or other). We encourage all women that attend the YWC*A to speak at both events even if it means identical talks. The program will also include plenary lectures by an established researcher, and mentor-group discussions.
Lectures by Magdalena Musat (Copenhagen)
Title: Quantized functional analysis, tensor norms and the Grothendieck program
- Lecture 1: Classical and quantum correlations, tensor norms, and an asymptotic behaviour of quantum channels (slides)
- Lecture 2: Grothendieck's inequalities---from classical to noncommutative (slides)
All talks take place in Aud. 2 of HC Ørsted Institutet.
Abstracts and list of participants
All women participating in YMC*A can apply for shared accommodation to attend the YWC*A as well. All YMC*A participants are welcome to attend all the YWC*A talks. When you register for YMC*A, you will be given the option to also register for YWC*A.
- Francesca Arici (Nijmegen)
- Sara E. Arklint (Copenhagen)
- Elizabeth Gillaspy (Münster)