Our group focuses on the development of mathematical theory to analyse mathematical models that arise from studying systems of (bio)chemical reactions.
It is widespread in biology to model the time evolution of species concentrations in reaction networks with either systems of ordinary differential equations or systems of stochastic equations. When analyzed appropriately, these models can be used to understand and predict the behaviour of biological systems. Current models in systems and synthetic biology are complex and contain a large number of variables and unknown parameters, which limits the use of available mathematical methods for their analysis.
See our publications related to reaction networks here: publication list.
There are currently no open positions available.
For possible applications for external funding, such as Marie Curie postdoc grants or fellowships from your country of origin, contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
We are currently funded by the following research projects:
- Sapere Aude Starting Grant from the Danish Research Council, with title Algebraic methods for qualitative profiling of reaction networks, 2015-2019. PI: Elisenda Feliu
- Novo Nordisk Foundation research project: Understanding bistability underlying the switch from acute to chronic infections in Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, 2020-2021. PI: Elisenda Feliu
- Lundbeck Fonden research grant with title Mathematical Theory for Biological Interaction Networks and Applications, 2014-2016. PI: Carsten Wiuf. Co-applicant: Elisenda Feliu.
- Research grant from the Danish Research Council, with title Model reduction for systems of interacting species, 2014-2016. PI: Carsten Wiuf
- Lundbeck Fonden research grant with title Modelling of signalling cascades using algebraic theory, 2011-2013. PI: Carsten Wiuf
- Carlsberg Fonden networking grant, 2013-2014. PI: Carsten Wiuf
Staff at MBIO
|Feliu, Elisenda||Associate Professor||+4535320794|
|Telek, Mate Laszlo||PhD Fellow|
- Daniele Cappelletti
- Michael Marcondes de Freitas
- Mads Christian Hansen
- Martin Helmer
- Janne Kool
- Abhishek Pal Majumder
- Meritxell Sáez