Masterclass on Groups, boundary actions and group C*-algebras
The University of Copenhagen
13-17 April 2015
The purpose of this PhD Master class is to present the recent developments and applications of the theory of Poisson-Furstenberg boundaries of a group, both from the probabilistic approach, and from the new operator algebraic perspective.
Click HERE to download the group photo. See more photos.
The main lecture series will be delivered by:
- Emmanuel Breuillard, Universite Paris Sud 11
- Vadim Kaimanovich, University of Ottawa
- Matthew Kennedy, Carleton University
- Robin Tucker-Drob, Rutgers University
There is also a special Harald Bohr Lecture by Efim Zelmanov on Tuesday, April 14, at 15:15.
Titles and abstracts:
- Emmanuel Breuillard: Random Walks and Spectral Gaps.
- Vadim Kaimanovich: Boundary of groups: geometry, probability and analysis.
- Matthew Kennedy: Boundaries, injectivity and C*-simplicity for discrete groups.
- Robin Tucker-Drob: Group invariant means and inner amenability.
Click HERE for abstracs.
Notes for the lectures:
Notes taken by Hiroshi Ando:
- Kaimanovich: I+II K, III+IV K, V+VI K, VII+VIII K.
- Tucker-Drob: I+II TD, III TD, IV TD, V+VI TD.
- Kennedy: I, II+III, IV, V, VI.
- Breuillard: I+II B, III+IV B.
The program can be found HERE.
List of participants can be found HERE.
Organizers: Magdalena Musat, Mikael Rørdam