Sums of self-adjoint operators: Kasparov products and applications
The University of Copenhagen
August 22nd to August 26th, 2016
This master class will introduce the necessary technical tools for constructing Kasparov products in the unbounded picture of KK as well as discussing the many open problems related to sums of self-adjoint operators, the standard model in physics, topological insulators and operator spaces.
- Johannes Kellendonk (University Lyon I)
"Introduction to topological insulators"
- Matthias Lesch (University of Bonn)
"Sums of regular self-adjoint operators"
- Bram Mesland (University of Hannover)
"Frames and connections in KK-theory"
- Adam Rennie (University of Wollongong)
"Applications of KK-theory in non-commutative geometry and physics"
- Fedor Sukochev (University of New South Wales)
"Introduction to double operator integration and quantum differentiability of essentially bounded functions on euclidean space"
- Francesca Arici (Radboud University Nijmegen)
"Mapping cone exact sequences for Cuntz-Pimsner algebras"
- Chris Bourne (University of Erlangen-Nuremberg),
"Disordered topological states and Kasparov theory"
- Jens Kaad (University of Southern Denmark)
"Descent and index pairings in weighted KK-theory"
- Koen van Dungen (SISSA, Trieste)
"Locally bounded perturbations and (odd) unbounded KK-theory"
- Walter van Suijlekom (Radboud University Nijmegen)
"Factorizations in KK-theory and applications to physics"
Schedule, Abstracts, Slides and Notes:
- The first part and the second part of the course by Fedor Sukochev
- Jens Kaad's talk.
- Lecture notes from the talks by Bram Mesland (the notes are from a more extensive lecture series given by Bram Mesland a few weeks earlier and thanks are due to Francesca Arici for making the notes available).
- Lecture notes by Matthias Lesch from his talk.
Participants can apply for financial support to partly cover local expenses. If you wish to apply for support, please indicate this on the registration form. The support should be roughly DKK 500 per day, at most DKK 2500.
Registration and Participants:
Registration is closed. A list of participants is available.
Organised by Olivier Gabriel, Magnus Goffeng and Ryszard Nest.