Classification of non-simple purely infinite C*-algebras
The University of Copenhagen
July 22 - 26, 2013
This masterclass aims at providing participants with systematic insight into the key results and methods in the classification of non-simple purely infinite C*-algebras. It is primarily targeted at graduate students and postdocs.
Venue and dates:
The lectures will be held at the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen, and the event is hosted by the Centre for Symmetry and Deformation. The masterclass is held from Monday, July 22 to Friday, July 26, 2013.
Introduction by Søren Eilers (University of Copenhagen).
- KK- and E-theory for C*-algebras over topological spaces (Meyer)
- Homological algebra in triangulated categories (Meyer)
- Lifting invariants with projective resolutions of length two (Meyer)
- Introduction and recent advances in the theory of continuous fields of nuclear C*-algebras (Dadarlat)
- Dadarlat-Meyer: E-theory for C*-algebras over topological spaces
- Meyer: Homological algebra in bivariant K-theory and other triangulated categories II
- Meyer-Nest: C*-algebras over topological spaces: Filtrated K-theory
- Meyer-Nest: C*-algebras over topological spaces: The bootstrap class
- Meyer-Nest: Homological algebra in bivariant K-theory and other triangulated categories I
Schedule and participants:
All lectures and excercise/discussion sessions take place in auditorium 8. Registration, cake, and pizza in the common room on the 4th floor of the math building, and lunch in the canteen at the Biocenter.
All registered participants are automatically signed up for lunch and cake every day, and pizza Monday evening. During registration Monday morning, participants should register for the excursion and dinner Wednesday afternoon.
Organizers: Sara E. Arklint, Rasmus Bentmann (Copenhagen).