The nuclear dimension of C*-algebras
The University of Copenhagen
November 14 - 18, 2011
This masterclass will introduce the participants to the topic of nuclear dimension of C*-algebras. It is primarily aimed at graduate students and postdocs wishing to approach this new research subject.
On November 10-13 (directly prior to the masterclass) the department hosts a workshop in honor of Kirchberg´s 65th birthday, organized by Ryszard Nest and Mikael Rørdam. People, for whom it is relevant, are encouraged to participate in both events.
The masterclass is held from Monday, November 14 to Friday, November 18, 2011.
- Nathaniel Brown (Penn State University)
- Hannes Thiel (University of Copenhagen)
- Andrew Toms (Purdue University)
- Wilhelm Winter (University of Münster)
- Definition and basic properties of nuclear dimension. Analogies with von Neumann algebras and their structure theory.
- Computations and estimates: the nuclear dimension of sub-homogenous C*-algebras, cross products, Kirchberg algebras.
- Structural properties of C*-algebras of finite nuclear dimension.
- Applications to dynamical systems and to the classification program.
- Winter's Z-stability theorem.
Schedule and Participants:
- A detailed schedule is available here.
- A list of abstracts for the contributed talks is available here.
- The list of participants is available here.
- Adam Sierakowski: Strong pure infiniteness of crossed products. (slides)
- Hannes Thiel: A survey on non-commutative dimension theories.
- Aaron Tikuisi: Regularity properties for stably projectionless C*-algebras. (slides)
Organizer: Leonel Robert and Hannes Thiel (Copenhagen).