Friday January 8 - Sunday January 10, 2010
The conference is a Nordic Topology Meeting, and is scheduled around an opening ceremony for the new Centre for Symmetry and Deformation at the Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Copenhagen.
Friday afternoon is dedicated to the center opening. Saturday there will be a dinner to celebrate the 60th birthday of Professor John Jones, and many of the talks at the meeting will be given by John's friends and collaborators.
Opening of the Centre for Symmetry and Deformation (Friday afternoon):
- Joachim Cuntz (Münster University)
- Michael Hopkins (Harvard University)
Nordic Topology Conference:
- David Ayala (Copenhagen University)
- Marcel Bökstedt (Aarhus University)
- Ralph Cohen (Stanford University)
- Ezra Getzler (Northwestern University)
- Richard Hepworth (Copenhagen University)
- Wolfgang Lück (Münster University)
- Graeme Segal (University of Oxford)
- Markus Spitzweck (University of Oslo)
- Dennis Sullivan (SUNY Stony Brook)
- Ulrike Tillmann (University of Oxford)
Talks take place in Auditorium 4 of the H.C.Ørsted Institute, and registration takes place outside Auditorium 4. To reach us, follow the directions to HCØ that you can find on this page.
The conference begins at 9am on Friday January 8th and closes at lunchtime on Sunday January 10th. A detailed schedule is available here .
Titles and Abstracts
A list of titles and abstracts for the talks at the conference is available here .
A list of participants is available here .
The conference dinner, to celebrate the 60th birthday of Professor John Jones, will take place on the evening of Saturday January 9th. Further details will appear in due course.
- Ralph Cohen
- Jesper Grodal
- Richard Hepworth
- Ib Madsen
- Andrew Stacey
- Nathalie Wahl