Workshop on Automorphisms of Free Groups
The University of Copenhagen
9-13 November 2015
The workshop will have as a theme the automorphisms of free groups and closely related groups, with a particular emphasis on the computation of their homology.
Speakers and invited participants:
- Laurent Bartholdi, University of Göttingen
- Alexander Berglund, Stockholm University
- Jim Conant, University of Tennessee
- Aurelien Djament, Nantes
- James Griffin, University of Coventry
- Allen Hatcher, Cornell University
- Martin Kassabov, Cornell University
- Anssi Lahtinen, Hamburg University
- Andy Putman, Rice University
- Takuya Sakasai, University of Tokyo
- Takao Satoh, Tokyo University of Science
- Masaaki Suzuki, University of Meiji
- Christine Vespa, University of Strasbourg
- Karen Vogtmann, Cornell/Warwick
The lectures will be held at the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen, and the event is hosted by the Centre for Symmetry and Deformation. You can find information for short term visitors including directions to the mathematics department HERE.
Registration on Monday morning happens in the common room 04.4.19.
All talks are in Auditorium 8 or Auditorium 10 (see the link under Abstracts below for more details). Coffee, cake and pizzas are served in the common room 04.4.19.
If you intend to participate in the workshop, please register by filling out the registration form. Registration will close on November 1.
We recommend Hotel de 9 Små Hjem, which is pleasant and inexpensive and offers room with a kitchen. Other inexpensive alternatives are CabInn that has several locations in Copenhagen: the Hotel City (close to Tivoli), Hotel Scandivania (Frederiksberg, close to the lakes), and Hotel Express (Frederiksberg) are the most convenient locations; the latter two are 2.5-3 km from the math department.