Welcome to the Algebra and Number Theory group at the University of Copenhagen!
The research group 'Algebra and number theory' is involved with a broad section of modern algebra, algebraic geometry, and number theory.
We organize a regular seminar: Number Theory Seminar.
We are an active node in the Nordic Number theory Network: www.n-cube.net.
Here is a list of the members of the group together with brief descriptions of their fields:
- Lars Halvard Halle: Algebraic and arithmetic geometry; curves, abelian varieties, Calabi-Yau varieties, zeta functions, motivic integration, degenerations, Hilbert schemes and moduli spaces.
- Lars Hesselholt: K-theory, algebraic geometry, algebraic topology, number theory.
- Henrik Holm: Homological algebra and its areas of application, including representation theory, ring theory, and category theory.
- Ian Kiming: Algebraic number theory and arithmetic geometry, in particular Galois representations and automorphic forms, classical, mod p, and p-adic aspects.
- Mehdi Fabien Pazuki: Number theory, diophantine geometry, heights, elliptic curves, abelian varieties, rational points on curves.
- Morten S. Risager: Analytic number theory and automorphic forms.
- Daniel Bergh: Algebraic geometry.
- Linda Karina Frey: Number theory, elliptic curves, (CM) Jacobians of genus 2 curves, heights.
- Cody Gunton: Arithmetic geometry, especially integral p-adic Hodge theory and the theory of degenerations.
Farbod Shokrieh: The intersection of non-archimedean (and tropical) geometry, algebraic geometry, number theory, and combinatorics.
- Francesco Campagna: Algebraic number theory with a focus on elliptic curves with complex multiplication (PhD with Pazuki).
- Asbjorn Nordentoft: Analytic number theory (phD with Risager).
- Luigi Pagano: Algebraic Geometry (PhD with Lars Halle).
Riccardo Pengo: L-functions, in particular relationships between Mahler measures and derivatives of L-functions (PhD with Pazuki and Kiming).
Christian U. Jensen: Algebraic number theory with a particular view towards Galois theoretic embedding problems.
- Søren Jøndrup: Non-commutative ring theory, in particular P.I. theory with applications to finite-dimensional representations of non-commutative rings.
Jørn Børling Olsson: Representations of finite groups.
- Asmus Schmidt: Number theory, in particular diophantine approximation and algebraic number theory.
- Anders Thorup : Algebraic geometry, in particular intersection theory with applications to enumerative geometry.
See page Past guest