Topology, Functional Analysis and Algebra
The section consists of three research groups:
Most of the section's researchers are is encompassed in the Centre for Symmetry and Deformation, a Danish National Research Foundation centre led by Professor Jesper Grodal.
In this section we study objects in pure mathematics from a geometric, algebraic or analytic viewpoint. Topics in which members of the group have made contributions include:
- Algebraic number theory,
- algebraic curves,
- groups of symmetries (p-compact groups, p-local finite groups),
- surgery theory,
- the study of geometric objects using moduli spaces,
- topological and algebraic K-theory,
- non-commutative geometry,
- analytic and geometric group theory,
- C*-algebras and their classification,
- von Neumann algebras,
- rigidity theory,
- quantum information theory,
- cohomology of Banach algebras,
- logic, and
- descriptive set theory.
See contact information to the sections researchers at the websites for the three research groups or the SYM centre.
The Niels Bohr Professoratet by Lars Hesselholt
1 April 2013 to 31 March 2018
Experimental Mathematics in Number Theory, Operator Algebras, and Topology
1 June 2012 to 31 May 2016