Topology, Functional Analysis and Algebra
The section consists of three research groups:
Most of the section's researchers are is encompassed in the Centre for Symmetry and Deformation, a Danish National Research Foundation centre led by Professor Jesper Grodal.
In this section we study objects in pure mathematics from a geometric, algebraic or analytic viewpoint. Topics in which members of the group have made contributions include:
- Algebraic number theory,
- algebraic curves,
- groups of symmetries (p-compact groups, p-local finite groups),
- surgery theory,
- the study of geometric objects using moduli spaces,
- topological and algebraic K-theory,
- non-commutative geometry,
- analytic and geometric group theory,
- C*-algebras and their classification,
- von Neumann algebras,
- rigidity theory,
- quantum information theory,
- cohomology of Banach algebras,
- logic, and
- descriptive set theory.
See contact information to the sections researchers at the websites for the three research groups or the SYM centre.
See also the former Niels Bohr Professoratet by Lars Hesselholt.