PhD stipends in Statistics and the mathematics of Insurance and Economics
A number of attractive PhD stipends in statistics and the mathematics of insurance and economics are available at the department. Application deadline: November 15, 2020.
All applicants entering the PhD program through this call will be affiliated with one of the two sections Insurance and Economics or Statistics and Probability Theory. You can find a description of each of these sections at the Department research homepage.
There will be a limited number of free PhD stipends in all areas of mathematics not attached to specific projects. You are welcome to contact any member of the department to discuss specific research projects.
In addition, there will be PhD stipends available in:
- the interface of time series analysis and multivariate extreme value theory with an emphasis on heavy-tailed distributions with Thomas Mikosch
- statistical inference for coupled stochastic processes with multiple timescales and changing environments (contact S. Ditlevsen, email@example.com)
- causal learning and hybrid causal model structures for event data (contact N. R. Hansen, Niels.R.Hansen@math.ku.dk)
- multivariate responses, dependence structures and partial observations (contact S. Ditlevsen, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- time-series of functional data, e.g., daily observations of curves and surfaces (contact H. Sørensen, email@example.com).
The two latter stipends are parts of the EU-funded Innovative Training Network EPOC: Economic Policy in Complex Environments, which aims at advancing the state-of-the-art and the applicability of computationally intensive methods for decision and policy analysis and at using these methods in the domains of climate change and innovation. Both will deal with the development of advanced methods for statistical inference and for prediction in complex dynamic environments with endogenous regime changes and for the design and estimation of complex agent-based models.
Your application and all supporting documents must be submitted no later than 15 November 2020.
The starting date for the stipends is usually September 2021.