Niels Martin Møller
Assistant professor, tenure track
2100 København Ø, 4/E, Building: 04.1.20
- News: (10/2018) Currently hiring postdocs (Deadline Nov 15, 2018) and PhDs (Next deadline April, 2019).
Click here for the KU MATH job website.
Click here for the AMS MathJobs postdoc posting.
- Brief Bio: I received my PhD degree (MIT, 2012) with Prof. Tobias H. Colding. I was then 2012-2015 employed as Instructor at Princeton University in the group of S.-Y. Alice Chang, Paul C. Yang, Gang Tian and Fernando Coda Marques, and then in 2015-16 as the Shiing-Shen Chern Senior Postdoc. at ICTP in Claudio Arezzo's group, and a member at MSRI in Berkeley, CA. Since 2016, I'm at the University of Copenhagen as Tenure-Track Assistant Professor.
In June 2017, I was admitted as one of 7 new members from the sciences/humanities of The Young Academy under the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters: [Member Profiles at The Young Academy].
- Research Interests: Geometric analysis, where differential geometry and topology meet nonlinear partial differential equations, and in mathematical physics. At present I work primarily on minimal surface theory, and on applying techniques from that subject to singularities and solitons in curvature flows. Other related interests include calculus of variations, conformal and Kähler geometry, theory for quantum computers and quantum fields/strings, spectral theory for Schrödinger operators, and applications of representation theory for Lie groups.
- CV: [Curriculum Vitae as .pdf]
- Papers: [Papers/citations at Google Scholar] [arXiv]
- Group members: At the moment I'm supervising 4 x graduate students (PhD/MSc) and 2 x BSc students.
[Differential Equations] (BSc, Spring)
[Partial Differential Equations] (MSc/PhD, Fall).
- Other current activities:
- Since August 2017, I organize the research seminar for our group [GAMP - Geometric Analysis and Mathematical Physics].
- Coorganizer on the [Øresund Seminar], biannual joint workshop U Copenhagen & U Lund (Sweden).
- Journal reading club/informal learning seminar in Geometric Analysis for the Copenhagen Area [Advertisement slip (.pdf)].
- Past activities:
- Masterclass/PhD school/workshop: [Geometric Analysis on Noncompact Spaces].
- General audience talks (Copenhagen area): [Profile at "Book a Scientist"].