Ellen Henke, Home Page
I am an assistant professor in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at
the University of Copenhagen, and I am part of the Centre for Symmetry and
Deformation. My CV can be found here.
Originally, I am a group theorist, but work at the intersection between group theory and homotopy theory, since my main research interest are saturated fusion systems.
These are categories modelling the p-local structure of finite groups and possess p-completed classifying spaces similar to the ones of finite groups.
I organize the algebra seminar in Copenhagen. For announcements of the talks see our calendar. Furthermore, I organized a masterclass on fusion systems and p-local group theory in July 2011 and a masterclass on classification problems in groups and fusion systems in June 2013.
Department of Mathematical Sciences
2100 København Ø
Publications and preprints
- Recognizing SL2(q) in fusion systems.
J. Group Theory, 13 (2010), no. 5, 679-702.
- Minimal fusion systems with a unique maximal parabolic. Journal of Algebra, 333 (2011), no. 1, 318-367 doi.
- Products in Fusion Systems. Journal of Algebra, 376 (2013), 300-319 doi.
- (with Dave Benson and Jesper Grodal) Group cohomology and control of p-fusion. 15 pages. To appear in Invent. Math. arXiv:1210.1564.
- A characterization of saturated fusion systems over abelian 2-groups. Preprint 3 pages. arXiv:1305.4139.
Work in progress
Minimal non-solvable fusion systems (a long classification project).
- Minimal Fusion Systems, PhD thesis supervised by S. Shpectorov.
- Saturated Fusion Systems of Essential Rank 1, MPhil thesis (Qualifying thesis) supervised by S. Shpectorov.
- Zur Struktur von (Σ3,Σ5)-Amalgamen, diploma thesis ("Diplomarbeit") supervised by B. Stellmacher.