The University of Copenhagen
August 27 - 31, 2012
This masterclass will introduce the participants to the topic of semiprojectivity of C*-algebras. It is primarily aimed at graduate students and postdocs.
On September 2-6 (directly after the masterclass) the department hosts a small workshop on semiprojectivity. People, for whom it is relevant, may participate in both events.
Venue and dates:
The lectures will be held at the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen, and the event is hosted by the Centre for Symmetry and Deformation . The masterclass is held from Monday, August 27 to Friday, August 31, 2012. You can find information for short term visitors including directions to the mathematics department HERE. All talks take place in Auditorium 10.
- Jack Spielberg (Arizona State University)
- Alex Chigogidze (College of Staten Island, CUNY, New York)
- Marius Dadarlat (Purdue University)
- Definition and basic results about projectivity and semiprojectivity of C*-algebras.
- Shape theory of C*-algebras, and connection to shape theory of spaces and notions of absolute (neighborhood) retracts.
- Connections between semiprojectivity and classification.
Material from the lectures will be made available here.
Schedule and Participants:
Financial support: Participants can apply for financial support to (partly) cover local expenses. The support will be DKK 500 daily, but it will not cover the airfare.
If you wish to apply for support, then you must indicate this on the registration form. The deadline for applying for support has now passed.
Please register by filling in the registration form. If you encounter problems with the registration form, please contact Adam Sørensen: apws (at) math.ku.dk The deadline for registration has now passed.
Deadline for registrations: July 29th, 2012
Organizers: Søren Eilers, Adam Sørensen, Hannes Thiel (Copenhagen).