Classification Problems in Groups and Fusion Systems
June 10-14, 2013
- One series of lectures by Michael Aschbacher on "2-fusion systems of component type". An abstract and background references are available here. The lecture notes can be found here.
- One series of lectures by Ulrich Meierfrankenfeld on "Finite groups of local characteristic p".
- A lecture by Andrew Chermak on "The generalized Fitting subsystem of a linking system".
The lectures will be supplemented by exercise sessions. A tentative schedule is available here.
Registration: If you would like to participate please fill out our registration form until May 15, 2013.
Accommodation: Participants are asked to book their own accommodation. We recommend Hotel 9 Små Hjem, which is pleasant and inexpensive and offers rooms with a kitchen. Other inexpensive alternatives are CabInn that has several locations in Copenhagen: the Hotel City (close to Tivoli), Hotel Scandivania (Frederiksberg, close to the lakes), and Hotel Express (Frederiksberg) are the most convenient locations; the latter two are 2.5-3 km from the math department. Somewhat more expensive - and still recommended - options are Hotel Nora and Ibsen's Hotel.
Funding: We have a limited amount of funding available. Participants can expect to get up to 2500 DKK. To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short research description or a link to a personal webpage providing information about your research. The deadline for application is May 1, 2013.
Organizer: Ellen Henke (Copenhagen)
- Kasper K. Andersen (University of Lund)
- Michael Aschbacher (California Institute of Technology)
- Andrew Chermak (Kansas State University)
- Antonio Díaz Ramos (Universidad de Málaga)
- John Foley (University of Copenhagen)
- Betty Fyn-Sydney (University of Birmingham)
- Matthew Gelvin
- Eugenio Gianelli (Royal Holloway University of London)
- Alex Gonzales (University of Aberdeen)
- Mathias Grimm (Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg)
- Jesper Grodal (University of Copenhagen)
- Ellen Henke (University of Copenhagen)
- Alexander Ivanov (Imperial College London)
- Martin Wedel Jacobsen (University of Copenhagen)
- Makengele Loya Juresse (University of Kinshasa)
- Justin Lynd (Rutgers University)
- Ulrich Meierfrankenfeld (Michigan State University)
- Ehud Meir (University of Copenhagen)
- Rémi Molinier (Université Paris 13)
- Jesper Michael Møller (University of Copenhagen)
- Toke Nørgård-Sørensen (University of Copenhagen)
- Jørn Olsson (University of Copenhagen)
- Alessandro Paolini (University of Birmingham)
- Sejong Park (EPFL, Switzerland)
- Sune Precht Reeh (University of Copenhagen)
- Christian Pröseler (Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg)
- Nora Seeliger (Centre Recerca de Matematica)
- Radu Stancu (Universite de Picardie)
- Markus Szymik (University of Copenhagen)
- Imke Toborg (Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg)
- Xiaolong Yu (Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg)
Misc links and documents:
- M. Aschbacher, R. Kessar and Bob Oliver, Fusion systems in Algebra and Topology, London Math. Soc. Lecture Note Series, vol. 391, Cambridge University Press, 2011. A preprint is available here.
- Ulrich Meierfrankenfeld's homepage on finite groups of local characteristic p.