University of Copenhagen
June 11-15, 2012
We are planning two days of talks, and the rest of the week we plan to have ad hoc activity
Venue: The lectures will be held at the Niels Bohr Academy at Blegdamsvej 17, University of Copenhagen. The event is hosted by the Centre for Symmetry and Deformation. In case you need accommodation, you need to book it yourself. A list of hotels can be found here.
Program: Here is a tentative program for the workshop. Please also see our calendar for individual announcements of talks.
- June 11, 10:15-11:00, Peter Petersen, UCLA: Existence and Uniqueness of warped Product Einstein Metrics I.
- June 11, 11:15-12:00, Bruce Kleiner, NYU: Asymptotic geometry, finite generation of fundamental groups, and harmonic functions I.
- June 11, 14:15-15:00, John Lott, Berkeley: Collapsing with a lower bound on the curvature operator.
- June 11, 15:15-16:00, Burkhard Wilking, Münster: A generalization of Gromovs almost flat manifolds Theorem
- June 11, 16:15-17:00. Karsten Grove: Tits geometry and positive curvature I
- June 12 10:15-11:00, Peter Petersen, UCLA: Existence and Uniqueness of warped Product Einstein Metrics II.
- June 12, 11:15-12:00, Bruce Kleiner, NYU: Bilipschitz embedding in Banach spaces.
- June 12, 14:15-15:00, John Lott, Berkeley: Geometry of the space of probability measures.
- June 12, 15:15-16:00, Burkhard Wilking, Münster: Fundamental groups of manifolds with bounded curvature
- June 12, 16:15-17:00, Karsten Grove: Tits geometry and positive curvature II
The rest of the week we will arrange ad hoc activity
Organizers: Tobias Holck Colding (MIT), Erik Kjær Pedersen (Copenhagen)